is a complete gas relief formula
with a unique combination of herbal oils.
Easy dosage: 1 capsule twice daily, after a meal with water.
Do not exceed the maximum daily dose of 2 capsules.
is Halaal certified.
Flatulence, bloating and belching are common digestive ailments.
There are several natural causes of these symptoms but they can also be caused by some health conditions related to the digestive tract, or as a side effect of certain medicines.
The most common causes of flatulence:
Certain carbohydrates cannot be digested and absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract. These pass down into the colon to be broken down by bacteria, producing gas, which is released as flatulence.
Examples of these carbohydrate-type foods are:
- Beans / lentils / legumes / pulses
- Broccoli / cauliflower
- Cabbage / brussels sprouts
- Raisins / prunes
Fizzy drinks increase the amount of carbon dioxide in your stomach, this is likely to cause belching.
Sweeteners such as sorbitol (found in many sugar-free gums and slimming products) or fructose (such as fruit juice) can cause flatulence. Chewing sugar-free gum can cause flatulence from both the type of sweetener used and swallowing too much air.
Breathing and eating leads to swallowing air. However, it’s easy to swallow too much air without realising it, some examples of when this happens include:
- Chewing gum
- Sucking on hard sweets
- Having loose-fitting dentures
- Not chewing food slowly and thoroughly – swallowing large pieces of food causes you to swallow more air
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), often referred to as a “spastic colon”.
- Coeliac disease – an immune disorder that occurs when the small intestine becomes extraordinarily sensitive to gluten. Gluten is found in wheat, rye, and barley.
- Lactose intolerance – the body is unable to digest lactose (the natural sugar found in milk and majority of dairy products).
- Gastroenteritis – an infection in the stomach or bowel.
- Malabsorption of nutrients.
- Giardiasis – a parasitic infection of the digestive tract.
Flatulence, is often a side effect of many types of medication. Some examples include:
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as Ibuprofen
- Various laxatives
- Antifungal medication
- Statins (cholesterol-lowering medication)
- Varenicline – used to assist people to stop smoking
When experiencing flatulence, bloating or belching:
Keep a food diary to identify food triggers
• Eat smaller meals, more often
• Chew food properly and slowly
• Exercise can improve the way that your body digests food
• Eat healthy, balanced meals
• Certain herbal oils such as Ajowan oil, Caraway oil, Coriander oil, Cardamom oil, Fennel oil and
Menthol (as contained in Gasgon) can have a beneficial effect on flatulence, bloating and belching.